Over 100 hospitals are using blood wisely.
Is your hospital using blood wisely?
Inappropriate transfusion practices are common in hospitals. Not only does this put significant strains on Canada’s blood supply, but it also exposes patients to potential harm.
See how your hospital compares to national benchmarks on transfusion appropriateness by conducting a spot audit of recent red blood cell transfusions in your hospital.
- Meet benchmarks? Get designated as a “Using Blood Wisely Hospital” and recognized nationally.
- Not quite there yet? Enrol in a quality improvement initiative proven to reduce inappropriate transfusions and qualify for designation upon meeting the benchmarks.
Benefits of participating.
- Receive national recognition for your efforts and become a designated Using Blood Wisely Hospital.
- Participation in this initiative can be acknowledged as an organizational quality improvement initiative by Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum Program.
- Use these efforts towards becoming a Choosing Wisely Canada Hospital.